Discover Cornwall by Campervan
Get to Cornwall in Your Campervan!
Campervan Hire Cornwall is a fantastic way to explore this scenic county (a county is an administrative region of the UK), with its spectacular coast, warm weather and welcoming population. The best way to get to Cornwall is to drive there in your campervan, as you will find comparatively few airports and train stations in the county. Similarly, because Cornwall is a large yet sparsely populated region of the UK, there are also few locations to hire a campervan within Cornwall itself. However, national and international travellers will be able to hire a vehicle at one of our other UK rental locations – these are generally located at airports, train stations and within major cities. In fact, picking your vehicle up from a large city or transport hub makes your holiday far easier, as you can easily drop your vehicle back off as you return home or fly out the country, saving potentially expensive vehicle relocation fees.
So How Do I Hire a Campervan in Cornwall?
Hiring a Campervan in Cornwall just became a whole lot easier with www.comparecampervanhire.uk. Our new website contains the details of campervan providers across the UK – when you search for vehicles using our site, you are comparing prices from a large pool of suppliers, making sure you get the best possible price. To search, all you need to do is enter your pick up location from the drop down menu above (as mentioned above, there are no pick up locations in Cornwall itself, so you should pick up your vehicle from the city you arrive in or are staying in). Then simply enter the length of time you think you'd like to rent the campervan for, the country you are booking from and finally your age; our sophisticated searching software will undertake a live comparison of all the campervan providers available at your chosen location. By searching with www.comparecampervanhire.uk you ensure that you are receiving the best possible price from the widest possible range of suppliers.
Moreover, you can order your results in many ways, such as by price, by engine type, the availability of toilets and showers, the age of the vehicle, the review rating and, of course, the number of people the campervan sleeps. And, unlike almost all other campervan providers, we actually let you securely book your vehicle online. This saves a huge amount of time, as traditionally customers have had to manually sort through a range of quotes and then email or telephone the providers to book (made even more difficult by the fact that the provider and customer are frequently located in different time zones). Then, when the customer is ready to book, they may be surprised to find that their desired campervan is no longer available, or the information about the campervan on the website is out of date, rending all their work useless and forcing them to start again. However, by using the live and secure booking system available on www.comparecampervanhire.uk, you are able to quickly reserve your vehicle whilst it is still available as well as paying easily online. This gives you more time to concentrate on other aspects of your holiday!
Things to do in Cornwall
Cornwall is full of activities and things to see, for all age groups. The county is certainly considered one of the most beautiful in the UK, and is justifiably famous for its Jurassic age coastline, relatively warm weather and beautiful scenery. It is also a great place to go surfing, and of course contains the most westerly point in England, Lands End. We will now present a brief list of things to do in Cornwall; of course, there are so many activities that we cannot possibly list them all, so this should really be seen as an unofficial list of the authors favourite things to do in Cornwall. Overall, our number one tip would, of course, be to use your campervan as it was intended, and discover Cornwall my yourself and make up your own adventure as you go. With no further ado then:
- Visit Lands End – Ok, so Lands End is actually a bit of a tourist wasteland, but it's worth seeing just to say that you have been to the end of England. Moreover, if you are in Lands End then you're right next to our next point below...
- Walk Along The South West Coast Path – Lands End falls on the famous South West Coast Path, which runs along much of Cornwall's western coastline. This spectacular trail takes in a great deal of the Jurassic Coast, a spectacular section of plunging cliffs, sandy beaches grassy hills that hug the coast. There are numerous places to park your campervan and to explore the outstanding beauty of this part of England.
- Visit Porthcurno Bay and the Minack Theatre – In the author's opinion, Porthcurno Bay is one the most beautiful beaches in the UK. This sheltered sandy beach is often blessed with excellent weather and is a great place to spend a day relaxing and taking in the sea air. Moreover, you are only a short walk from the Minack Theatre, which offers splendid open air productions that are framed by the Cornwall's dramatic coastline.
- Explore St Ives – St Ives is a small and wealthy town on the northern point of the western tip of Cornwall. It is famous for its art scene, and was once well known as an artists retreat that produced some of the most progressive art in the UK. Indeed, it still attracts a number of contemporary artists, and has plenty of galleries and potteries.
- Stop By The Eden Project – the Eden project is a large attraction full of artificial biodomes, which contain a great range of plants from across the world. The Eden project is committed to preserving the worlds biodiversity as well as studying the plants they hold - it makes for a lovely place to wander round, especially if the weather is a bit rough!
Cornwall is a brilliant place to explore in your hired campervan. Although there are few places to hire the vehicle within the county, the large range of hire locations that this website offers across the UK means that you can easily hire the campervan in the city you live in or arrive in, and then drive to Cornwall. Start your campervan or adventure in Cornwall by searching above!